Engineering Lab Technician I
Orscheln Products LLC
Position Listing #23-4
About This Position
Perform a variety of testing work in design, development, manufacturing and troubleshooting of all Orscheln Products to meet customer expectations which include both external and internal customers.
Preferred Educational Experience:
High School diploma, with additional education or work experience.
Preferred Work Experience:
Applicable work experience will also be considered. Preference would be given to individuals possessing a minimum of three (3) years’ experience, especially in areas of testing, gauging, data acquisition, and technical reports. Work experience that includes knowledge of Orscheln products is preferred.
- Ability to perform all safety critical functions. The product must be built to the designated specs approved and cannot be deviated or substituted. The control, performance and tolerance are essential for the part to function so that it does not jeopardize public safety or it’s compliance with government regulations.
- Must be able to recognize and call the critical characteristic symbols as listed on the blueprints.
- Setup and complete product validation testing according to specifications, drawings and other expectations.
- Maintain test schedule.
- Fill Out Test Report with proper information
- Recommend product improvement opportunities
- Coordinate lab work with other departments as required
- Coordinate resources to keep tests running continuously when required
- Coordinate testing with outside labs as required
- Coordinate testing aspects of production sample submission
- Basic test lab equipment usage knowledge
- Instrumentation Usage
- Basic Maintenance on equipment
- Chemical Lab Testing
- Salt Spray Testing
- Assist with Warranty evaluation and reports
- Maintain and update QR and TR data systems
- Follow all 6S & Safety Guidelines
- Work with customers as required.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned.
- Travel as Required.
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, database entry for job tracking.
- Understanding of basic statistics.
- Communication skills- Written and Verbal
- Understand blueprint and product specifications
- Use and recommend test gauging and data acquisition
- Strain gage application and instrumentation
- Problem solving
- Analytical skills
- Time management
- Basic understanding of Electrical DC 5V, 12V and 24V circuits.
- Basic hand and power tool usage.
- Data entry
- 20% of the time sitting
- Some bending/stooping
- Lifting less than 50 lbs
- Climate controlled environment
It is the policy of Orscheln Products to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Work Eligibility: Must be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent lawful resident of the U.S.
Think you’d be a good fit?
We think so too. Apply today.