Orscheln Products LLC
Position Listing #23-25
About This Position
Work Eligibility: Must be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent lawful resident of the U.S.
The Design Drafter provides their CAD expertise and skillset to ensure the 3-D Models and 2-D Drawings are created and/or updated to provide a clear understanding of the specific requirements (i.e. detailed dimensions, materials, notes and views) in order to produce the Components and Final Assemblies that the Orscheln Customers expect to receive for their end product.
The end goal with your work is to provide utmost clarity with the highest level of accuracy, while maintaining the standards within the industry, as well as those that are established for the specific product line by the Orscheln Team and/or Customer requirements.
Preferred Educational Experience:
- Degree within CAD Drafting and Design.
- Other considerations: 5+ yrs experience within a CAD related profession.
Preferred Work Experience:
Candidate will have Drafting and Design experience within CAD (preferably NX or similar), to support Mechanical Drafting and Design drawings. Experience with referencing and following industry standards that include, but are not limited to: ANSI, ASTM, SAE or MIL standards is also a plus.
- Ability to work with external and internal Customer Models, electronic drawings or hand drawings to create detailed Orscheln Drawings
- Function in the capacity of Drafter and Designer utilizing professional skillsets and knowledge within CAD system to support job assignments and projects with an extreme focus on accuracy
- Ability to take on other responsibilities within other Software programs for creation of Bill of Materials, etc…(i.e. ERP/MRP program).
- Use initiative, personal abilities and available resources to carry out assignments
- Member of a managed and supervised staff
- Capable of working with minimal supervision
- Capable of directing prioritizing and managing multiple jobs
- May direct the function of personnel in lower classifications
- Understand all the critical characteristic symbols as listed on the blueprints
- Follow all 6S & Safety Guidelines
- Work independently and in cooperation with various personnel
- Ability to Handle multiple job assignments as assigned
- Work within a Team as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Computer skills (i.e. NX-CAD Software or similar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ERP/MRP system, E-mail, etc…)
- Communication skills (verbal, listening and written)
- Office equipment (i.e. copier, printer, fax, scanner)
- Time management
- Team Player
- Personal drive to learn and develop
- Data entry
- 85% of the time sitting or standing at an assigned workstation
- Some bending/stooping
- Lifting less than 35 lbs
- Climate controlled environment
AAP/EEO Statement: It is the policy of Orscheln Products to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Think you’d be a good fit?
We think so too. Apply today.