Production Scheduler & Tool Crib Attendant
Orscheln Products LLC
Position Listing #23-24
About This Position
Work Eligibility: Must be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent lawful resident of the U.S.
Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within department and plant processes to insure timely shipment of product per customer requirements. Compile and distribute required information both verbally and written, as necessary, to affected departments. Maintain the tool crib inventory accurately at expected levels and with proper documentation. Coordinate personnel and preventative maintenance program requirements. Document all transactions per Quality Management system procedures.
Preferred Educational Experience:
High School degree or equivalent preferred
Preferred Work Experience:
One (1) year work experience in Material Requirement Planning or Procurement preferred but not required. Machine Shop background preferred.
- Prepare and distribute daily schedules by maintaining and prioritizing work in process.
- Research requisitions and create shop orders to fulfill requirements.
- Assemble pertinent information into packets for specific departmental use.
- Communicate with Purchasing on expedited material (MP’s).
- Communicate concerns of late shipments and capacity with appropriate departments.
- Answer Customer Service “Change Notice” sheets in a timely manner.
- Coordinate material flow through all departments to assure on-time delivery.
- Review past due, current and next weeks requirements for missing parts and capacity.
- Review of JSR weekly and notify Engineering of upcoming pilot runs.
- Review MRP action messages and revise shop orders as needed.
- Ability to perform all safety critical functions. The product must be built to the designated specs approved and can not be deviated or substituted. The control, performance and tolerance are essential for the part to function so that it does not jeopardize public safety or it’s compliance with government regulations.
- Must be able to recognize and call the critical characteristic symbols as listed on the blueprints.
- Order parts and materials to maintain required inventory levels of tool crib
- Adjust inventory levels when necessary to compensate usage
- Perform inventory stocking as material is received
- Issue inventory to maintenance or manufacturing personnel as needed
- Communicate with vendors to acquire quote and order information
- Document all tool crib and Preventative Maintenance transactions on proper forms or electronic media. Track work orders and PM orders and update systems as necessary
- Perform scheduled inventories of tool crib stock
- Maintain Material Safety Data sheets records
- Perform Maintenance Repair and Operations Purchasing as requested by Stock Requisition
- Complete typing, filing and general clerical duties as required
- Follow all 6S & Safety Guidelines
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of MRP system to maintain inventories
- Knowledge of production flow
- Math skills
- Office equipment
- Time management & multi tasking
- Ability to create and/or maintain a filing system
- Ability to use generated printouts to gather information
- Diplomatic and efficient telephone skills
- Communication skills and the ability to deal across functions
- Able to work without close supervision
- Data entry
- 80% of the time sitting
- Some bending/stooping
- Lifting less than 35lbs
- Climate controlled environment
- Color perception and vision requirements
It is the policy of Orscheln Products to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Think you’d be a good fit?
We think so too. Apply today.