Restricted Substance Coordinator
Orscheln Products LLC
Position Listing #23-15
About This Position
Candidate will be part of the Orscheln Engineering Department. Your responsibilities will involve you applying your educational experience with:
- Chemical and Elemental expertise to Review, Collect, Analyze, Compare and Report the composition % of each component/product by weight.
- Exercise your ability to research Governmental Regulations, Chemical and Elemental breakdowns and applying the requirements to report each to our end Customers (i.e. RoHS, REACH, Conflict Minerals, etc…).
- Work within the required reporting Software/Database to enter/create the required analysis to provide the specific reports based on the Regulation that needs to be submitted to our external Customers.
- Communicate with various internal and external contacts to maintain, continually evolve one’s knowledge & continually train related to Restricted Substance Reporting and the evolving details of each.
- Maintain the various records internally and externally to support the research and final composition reporting.
- Support other assigned Projects related to Product Release Engineering.
- Manage all aspects of the daily responsibilities with organization and determination for success.
- Perform various responsibilities as assigned which relate to Restricted Substances per customer requirements and or Orscheln Products standards.
Preferred Educational Experience:
College Degree with an emphasis in Chemical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
Preferred Work Experience:
- Work Experience within an Internship/Co-Op or 1-year minimum experience within the Chemical or Mechanical Engineering related filed.
- Knowledge with chemical/elemental breakdowns, using Microsoft Office (i.e. EXCEL, PowerPoint, WORD, etc…).
- Mechanically inclined
- Working within a Manufacturing environment within a Team and also able to self-direct.
- Support IMDS/MDS guidelines (mdsystem.com)
- Analyzing chemical and elemental specifications
- Collecting chemical and elemental data
- Applying chemical and elemental data to end use within the IMDS-Restricted Substance database and spreadsheets or any other database requirements
- Communicate with various departments
- Communicate with Management
- Communicate with Suppliers
- Communicate with Customers
- Be a self-starter
- Willing to help others
- Make decisions based on data, research and experience
- Ability to learn, gain knowledge and develop
- Maintain records both electronic and hard files
- Organize all information
- Develop procedures
- Be effective and efficient
- Be able to Prioritize assignments
- Seek input and guidance as required
- Understand detailed prints
- Willing to get one’s hands dirty when required
- Must be able to recognize and call the critical characteristic symbols as listed on the blueprints.
- Ability to perform all safety critical functions. The product must be built to the designated specs approved and cannot be deviated or substituted. The control, performance and tolerance are essential for the part to function so that it does not jeopardize public safety or it’s compliance with government regulations.
- Follow all 6S & Safety Guidelines
Work Eligibility: Must be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent lawful resident of the U.S.
AAP/EEO Statement: It is the policy of Orscheln Products to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Think you’d be a good fit?
We think so too. Apply today.