Tool & Die Maker
Orscheln Products LLC
Position Listing #23-14
About This Position
A tool and die maker is able to build or modify specified tooling to meet production requirements. Works closely with several departments to build tooling which is more efficient and useful.
Preferred Educational Experience:
High School degree or equivalent preferred
Preferred Work Experience:
Journeyman or five (5) or more years working in the Tool & Die Trade desired.
- Build jigs, fixtures, dies, new tooling and precision check gauges as required.
- Work closely with production, maintenance, and engineering departments to resolve equipment concerns.
- Redesign tooling to make production lines work more efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Must be able to read and use precision instruments such as micrometers, calipers and other measuring equipment.
- Must be able to read blueprints and have good working math skills.
- Must be proficient at operating appropriate machine tools and equipment.
- Must possess micrometers, calipers, indicators, and other precision instruments.
- Must be able to keep instrumentation in perfect working order.
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Repetitive hand/arm movement
- Pushing pulling
- Lifting up to 35lbs
- Standing for long periods of time
- Limited sitting
- Heat controlled environment/not air conditioned
Work Eligibility: Must be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent lawful resident of the U.S.
AAP/EEO Statement: It is the policy of Orscheln Products to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Think you’d be a good fit?
We think so too. Apply today.