Orscheln Products LLC
Position Listing #23-09
About This Position
An expediter, using Purchasing guidelines, facilitates or improves the acquisition of product from Suppliers and communicates such information with both Customer Service and Scheduling personnel. An Associate Buyer assists the department in administrative tasks and the purchasing processes.
Preferred Educational Experience:
Associate Degree preferred with two (2) years experience in Manufacturing Purchasing.
Non-Degreed individuals to have five (5) years experience minimum in Manufacturing Purchasing.
Preferred Work Experience:
One-year work experience in Material Requirement Planning or Procurement preferred but not required.
- Ability to perform all safety critical functions. The product must be built to the designated specs approved and can not be deviated or substituted. The control, performance and tolerance are essential for the part to function so that it does not jeopardize public safety or it’s compliance with government regulations.
- Must be able to recognize and call the critical characteristic symbols as listed on the blueprints.
- Contact all suppliers to expedite product.
- Keep current with particularly critical parts.
- Communicate supplier information with, and reply to inquiries from Customer Service and Schedulers.
- Complete typing and general clerical duties as requested.
- Aids in the quote process.
- Assists in the procurement processes.
- Updates system with supplier information, pricing, minimum buy quantities and lead time.
- Follow all 6S & Safety Guidelines
- File documents as requested for department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Office skills
- Computer skills
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Ability to create and/or maintain a filing system.
- Ability to use generated printouts to gather information.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of the ordering/scheduling process to facilitate expediting.
- Data entry
- 80% of the time sitting
- Lifting less than 35lbs
- Climate control environment
- Some bending/stooping
Work Eligibility: Must be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent lawful resident of the U.S.
AAP/EEO Statement: It is the policy of Orscheln Products to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Think you’d be a good fit?
We think so too. Apply today.