Accounting Clerk – Accounts Receivable Specialist
Orscheln Products LLC
Position Listing #23-06
About This Position
Responsible for the collection of Accounts Receivable for Orscheln Products and Qualico. Sets terms for new customers as part of the credit review process and determines if current customers should be placed on hold for nonpayment of accounts.
Preferred Educational Experience:
High School degree and completion of business/accounting classes preferred.
Preferred Work Experience:
Demonstrated ability to operate office equipment including: ten-key calculators, typewriters, copy machines, fax machines, computer terminals or personal computers.
- Telephones, e-mails, and/or sends form letters in initial stages of collection in delinquent account situations.
- Computes special charges, refunds and similar adjustments to accounts.
- Contacts various credit sources and ensures credit packages or customer applications are complete and notifies customers of credit terms and status of account.
- Calls for information or sends standard forms to credit companies, banks and other suppliers.
- Documents all conversations with customers and follows up by providing required documentation or other supporting information to assist customers in providing payment on their account.
- Reviews reports for delinquent accounts and performs routine follow-up procedures.
- Assigns credit terms, performs term modification due to delinquency when appropriate, negotiates payment agreements and credit blocks
- Researches discrepancies between amounts invoiced and actual cash received and proposes corrective action.
- Reconciles accounts receivable detailed records to the control accounts on the financial statements.
- Performs follow up on the RMA process with Quality to resolve customer debits/credits.
- Research and resolve all freight discrepancies (lost freight, mischarged freight) with the freight companies. In addition, responsible for all freight claim filing.
- Maintains current contact information for remittances.
- Assists shipping department as needed with documentation (commercial invoices)
- Assists customer service with new tax ID’s on accounts and any account information needed.
- Specialized billing for tooling, testing, etc. Ensures proper documentation according to the customer’s specifications.
- Works with legal on bankruptcy claims.
- Provides support to accounts receivable clerk.
- Provides monthly reporting on bad debt reserve.
- Provides yearly support for the annual accounting audit.
- Provides support to accounts payable, cost accounting, and general ledger as required.
- Other projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Office equipment
- Computer skills
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of accounting
- Data entry
- 80% of the time sitting
- Some bending/stooping
- Lifting less than 35lbs
- Climate controlled environment
It is the policy of Orscheln Products to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Work Eligibility: Must be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent lawful resident of the U.S.
Think you’d be a good fit?
We think so too. Apply today.