Sr. Materials Engineer
Orscheln Products LLC
Position Listing #22-48
About This Position
Work Eligibility: Must be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent lawful resident of the U.S.
Perform a variety of engineering work in design, development, product/program launches, and troubleshooting of all Orscheln products to meet customer and company expectations which include both external and internal customers.
Preferred Educational Experience:
BS Chemical Engineering, BS Metallurgy, BS Materials Engineering
Preferred Work Experience:
5-10 year experience in engineering or related field
- Ability to perform all safety critical functions. The product must be built to the designated specs approved and cannot be deviated or substituted. The control, performance and tolerance are essential for the part to function so that it does not jeopardize public safety or it’s compliance with government regulations.
- Must be able to recognize and call the critical characteristic symbols as listed on the blueprints.
- Materials research and specification review
- Familiarity with IMDS (International Material Data System) and information entry.
- Chemistry knowledge
- Materials Chemical Exposure Testing and Evaluation
- Corrosion specifications and testing
- Metallic Plating and Paint Coating Specifications and Testing
- Review, Recommend, Approve Use of Alternative Metal, Plastic & Rubber Materials
- Materials problem solving
- Failure analysis
- Weld penetration analysis
- Develop and implement methods and standards of inspection, testing, and evaluation
- Evaluate quotations for equipment and services to facilitate purchase of required items.
- Design and select instrumentation for use in experiments and production processes.
- Assist the production teams on issues related to corrective and preventive actions.
- Support Sales through customer visits, product presentations, and quotation review.
- Assist Purchasing in the development of a qualified vendor base.
- Assist/develop training for production personnel.
- Follow all 6S & Safety Guidelines
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Computer skills
- Office equipment
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Test Lab experience/scientific method(s)
- DOE skills
- Corrosion testing and analysis
- Metallurgical preparation
- Optical Microscopy and Photography
- Photography and Photo Editing
- Reading/Interpretation of Engineering Drawings and Specifications
- Data entry
- 80% of the time sitting
- Some bending/stooping
- Lifting less than 35lbs
- Climate controlled environment
AAP/EEO Statement: It is the policy of Orscheln Products to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Think you’d be a good fit?
We think so too. Apply today.