Product Release Engineer
Orscheln Products LLC
Position Listing #22-40
About This Position
Work Eligibility: Must be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent lawful resident of the U.S.
This position is primarily responsible for Production Release of products to Operations that are ready for Release from the Customer, Product Engineering and Product Design & Development groups.
This position will also involve a variety of engineering duties/tasks that support Operations, APQP as well as CFT’s as required.
Preferred Educational Experience:
BSME, BSIT or closely related field.
Preferred Work Experience:
Applicable work experience will also be considered. Preference would be given to individuals possessing a minimum of three (3) years’ experience. Especially in the areas related to Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Program Management and Production Release.
- Ability to perform all safety critical functions. The product must be built to the designated specs approved and cannot be deviated or substituted. The control, performance and tolerance are essential for the part to function so that it does not jeopardize public safety or it’s compliance with government regulations.
- Must be able to recognize and call the critical characteristic symbols as listed on the blueprints.
- Manage all aspects of Product/Program Launches from Production Release thru life of product.
- Coordinate Production Tooling/Equipment/Fixture/Gage releases.
- Coordinate and fulfill all aspects related to APQP steps that support a successful PPAP submission.
- Work with Product Engineering, Product Design & Development, Drafting, Quality, Production, Purchasing and Manufacturing Engineering to ensure an accurate and thorough Production Release to reach and maintain Zero Defects.
- Support Safety Critical, Kaizan and Zero Defect team events/campaigns.
- Evaluate compliance of Orscheln’s manufacturing standards, drawings, specifications and products with customer specifications, drawings and other expectations.
- Coordinate Team meetings (CFT’s) and manage Open Issues as required.
- Utilize Project Management tools on projects to serve as a planning and progress monitor as required.
- Define product compliance and acceptable limits through dimensional and tolerance requirements, performance requirements, testing verification, process studies, documentation and statistical methods.
- Recommend and coordinate product improvement opportunities.
- Work with production with concerns/issues that require attention/support.
- Complete all types of Customer requests as assigned.
- Work with customers as required including traveling.
- Execute typical administrative procedures (projects, work orders, stock requisitions, tool sheets, expense reports).
- Follow all 6S & Safety Guidelines
• Exercise communication skills daily with various personnel internally and externally.
• Perform all other tasks and “special assignments” as assigned or as required.
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Advance Print and Drawing Interpretation
- Computer skills
- Self Driven
- Time management
- Communication skills / Interpersonal skills
- Basic Knowledge of Electrical Engineering is a plus
- Data entry
- 70% of the time sitting
- Some bending/stooping
- Lifting less than 35lbs
- Climate controlled environment
AAP/EEO Statement: It is the policy of Orscheln Products to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
More details about this Position (Delete if not needed)
Think you’d be a good fit?
We think so too. Apply today.