Maintenance Electrician – 2nd shift & Weekend Shift Openings
Orscheln Products LLC
Position Listing #22-36
About This Position
Work Eligibility: Must be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent lawful resident of the U.S.
Work under minimal supervision to perform routine duties safely and as assigned to maintain equipment and the facility. Duties include all, but not limited to, those listed below. Assist other maintenance personnel as required. Follow all shop and safety rules.
Preferred Educational Experience:
High School degree or equivalent preferred and minimum of 6 years’ maintenance electrical experience or a minimum of 10 years of related maintenance electrical experience.
Preferred Work Experience:
Minimum of 6 years related maintenance experience required or a degree from an electrical or electronics school.
- Ability to perform all safety critical functions. The product must be built to the designated specs approved and can not be deviated or substituted. The control, performance and tolerance are essential for the part to function so that it does not jeopardize public safety or it’s compliance with government regulations.
- Must be able to recognize and call the critical characteristic symbols as listed on the blueprints.
- Major & minor equipment repair
- All electrical repairs
- Diagnosis of electrical problems
- Scheduling of down time
- Ordering of required materials, etc.
- Able to make decisions in accordance of expected down time and necessary repairs
- Welding knowledge
- Maintain and/or fabricate machine guards
- Torch knowledge (heating, cutting, safety, etc.)
- Building maintenance knowledge
- Weather duties (snow removal, etc.)
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Able to possess and use necessary hand tools & power tools
- Maintenance equipment (screwdriver, wrenches, drills, saws, grinders, etc.)
- Generate and complete “want list” of materials for assigned tasks
- Prepare quotes and present to supervision if required
- Complete all necessary paperwork to facilitate the purchase of repair components
- Fabricate fixtures and components for equipment as required
- Make temporary repairs to equipment to offset excessive down time if safely possible
- Work with and under the supervision of engineering to repair and maintain plant equipment when warranted
- Building system knowledge (emergency exits, fire extinguisher, lights, etc.)
- Environmental system maintenance
- Fire sprinkler system maintenance
- Air system maintenance
- Electrical knowledge and ability to diagnose and repair low voltage to 480 volt repairs
- Able to work directly with outside sources to coordinate and/or help to make necessary repairs (UE, Properties, etc.)
- Able to complete preventive maintenance checks
- Complete general and repair work orders as assigned
- General sanitation duties, if required
- Maintain clean work environment
- Program PLC’s
- Work on electronics
- General PM’s, if required
- Local town runs
- Power floor sweeper and scrubber, if required
- Motorized lift
- Operate a forklift
- General carpentry and plumbing knowledge
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Read and write legibly
- Math skills
- Forklift license
- Operate sit down and stand up forklifts
- Chauffeurs licence
- Hand tools, including small powered tools (drills, table saw, grinder, etc.)
- Maintenance equipment (saws, material bender, gas meters and safety equipment)
- Lathe and mill
- Welding principles including steel, SS and aluminum
- Metal working equipment (mug. Welder, torch equip plasma cutter, etc.)
- Repair electrical issues for single and 3 phase equipment
- Program PLC for equipment
- Laptop computer to diagnose and repair equipment problems
- Computer skills
- Time management
- Measurement tools
- Blueprint reading
- Electronics repair and understanding
- Repetitive hand/arm movement
- Pushing pulling
- Lifting up to 35lbs
- Standing for long periods of time
- Limited sitting
- Heat controlled environment/not air conditioned
It is the policy of Orscheln Products to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Think you’d be a good fit?
We think so too. Apply today.