New Product Development Design Engineer
Orscheln Products LLC
Position Listing #22-21
About This Position
Work Eligibility: Must be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent lawful resident of the U.S.
A Design Engineer will be defining and/or refining products to meet the needs of customers both external and internal.
Preferred Educational Experience:
Four (4) year Technical Degree or non-technical degree with commensurate experience. Two (2) year certificate and minimum five (5) years related experience.
Preferred Work Experience:
1 – 5 years work experience in related field.
- Ability to perform all safety critical functions. The product must be built to the designated specs approved and cannot be deviated or substituted. The control, performance and tolerance are essential for the part to function so that it does not jeopardize public safety or it’s compliance with government regulations.
- Must be able to recognize and call the critical characteristic symbols as listed on the blueprints.
- Design innovative solutions for customers and/or market.
- Design new components, assemblies and processes for production facility
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams during design, development, validation, and launch activities for successful product launch.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering with other process and assembly problem solving.
- Investigate, propose, and manage new product development efforts or product updates.
- Interface with other departments & management to communicate status of projects.
- Review technical reports and recommend modifications or adjustments in order to meet specifications.
- Coordinate with Sales and customer(s) to create and release Product Specifications and Documents for assigned product ideas.
- Construct Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) in line with DFMEA, product specifications, customer requirements/specifications, industry/regulatory requirements, design analysis & etc. Work with internal/external test labs to incorporate test reports and related info into DVP&R.
- Perform R & D as assigned in the product categories targeted for growth.
- Assist Sales organization with presentations and other customer interface.
- Work with other departments on product changes and improvements.
- Keep abreast of technology via online and travel to relevant conferences and trade shows.
- Follow all 6S & Safety Guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Read blueprints
- Operate CAD system to layout and develop related products
- Understanding of geometric dimensioning tolerances (GDT), design for assembly (DFA), design failure mode and effect analysis (DFMEA), tolerance stack analysis.
- Knowledge of materials, processes and technical requirements of related products
- Office equipment
- Computer skills
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to drive for results
- Strong business communications skills with the ability to work in a team-based setting.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in and lead a team as required
- The ability to work in an environment that is dynamic and demanding, applying a broad product range to a diverse customer base. This requires a positive mindset and solution-based thinking focused on results while delivering superior customer service and value.
- The work intake will constantly change. Flexibility in thinking is therefore essential to optimize the use of the skills and abilities to achieve maximum results.
- The communication of problems and constraints in achieving objectives to functions at all levels is important.
- Data entry
- 80% of the time sitting
- Lifting less than 35lbs
- Climate controlled environment
- Some travel required
AAP/EEO Statement: It is the policy of Orscheln Products to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Think you’d be a good fit?
We think so too. Apply today.