Orscheln Products LLC
Position Listing #22-18
About This Position
Work Eligibility: Must be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent lawful resident of the U.S.
The New Product Development Electrical Engineer will support the design and development of electronics control and monitoring circuitry for powered equipment applications. The successful candidate will possess good communication skills, both verbal and written, the ability to interface with diverse individuals and groups, and strong planning and organizational abilities.
Preferred Educational Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
Preferred Work Experience:
Applicable work experience will also be considered. 2-5 years of related engineering experience in design and manufacture of electronic assemblies. Experience in electronics simulation, automobile or commercial vehicle industry would be beneficial.
- Ability to perform all safety critical functions. The product must be built to the designated specs approved and cannot be deviated or substituted. The control, performance and tolerance are essential for the part to function so that it does not jeopardize public safety or it’s compliance with government regulations.
- Must be able to recognize and call the critical characteristic symbols as listed on the blueprints.
- Evaluate compliance of Orscheln’s manufacturing standards, drawings, specifications and products with customer specifications, drawings and other expectations.
- Effectively manage and support NPD business goals.
- Participate in the design of new circuits and procure prototype PCBs and associated components required for product development and testing.
- Work with customers to ensure that design and functional performance of components meet the specified needs and deadlines.
- Participate in and/or lead cross-functional teams to migrate new designs into a successful production environment, and to insure compliance with industry regulatory standards.
- Design and lead the development of new testing hardware and software to support new product development and manufacturing operations.
- Develop, test and troubleshoot applications and test codes (software) for new and existing products.
- Support existing products by analyzing/debugging circuits and software for potential application issues.
- Review of products for Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), ensuring the capability of electronic equipment or systems to operate as intended.
- Complete all types of Customer requests as assigned.
- Support the development of prototype and production tools, fixtures, gauges, and equipment.
- Support activities related to APQP steps appropriate to insure development of reliable products and created .
- Work with customers as required including traveling.
- Execute typical administrative procedures (stock requisitions, tool sheets, expense reports).
- Follow all 6S & Safety Guidelines
- Perform all other tasks and “special assignments” as assigned.
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Accomplished in the operation of:
- Power Supply
- Helmholtz Coil
- Frequency Generator
- CAN network communication and analysis devices
- Office equipment
- Computer skills
- C++ programming
- Visual Studio
- Mentor Graphics
- PCB design tools
- Typical Office Software
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Data entry
- 80% of the time sitting
- Some bending/stooping
- Lifting less than 35lbs
- Climate controlled environment
Think you’d be a good fit?
We think so too. Apply today.