Orscheln Products LLC
Position Listing #21-41
About This Position
An expediter, using Purchasing guidelines, facilitates or improves the acquisition of product from Suppliers and communicates such information with both Customer Service and Scheduling personnel. An Associate Buyer assists the department in administrative tasks and the purchasing processes.
Preferred Educational Experience:
Associate Degree preferred with two (2) years experience in Manufacturing Purchasing.
Non-Degreed individuals to have five (5) years experience minimum in Manufacturing Purchasing.
Preferred Work Experience:
One-year work experience in Material Requirement Planning or Procurement preferred but not required.
- Contact all suppliers to expedite product.
- Keep current with particularly critical parts.
- Complete typing and general clerical duties as requested.
- Aids in the quote process.
- Assists in the procurement processes.
- Updates system with supplier information, pricing, minimum buy quantities and lead time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- File documents as requested for department.
QUALIFICATIONS & DESIRED SKILLS
- Office skills
- Computer skills
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Ability to create and/or maintain a filing system.
- Ability to use generated printouts to gather information.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of the ordering/scheduling process to facilitate expediting.
- Data entry
- 80% of the time sitting
- Some bending/stooping
- Lifting less than 35lbs
- Climate controlled environment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent lawful resident of the U.S.
Think you’d be a good fit?
We think so too. Apply today.