Manufacturing Electrical Engineer
Orscheln Products LLC
Position Listing #21-34
About This Position
Design and build electrical systems, program, simulate, and test automated machinery and processes for new and existing business. Investigate and implement automation and error proofing in new and existing cells. Design and build electrical system, pneumatic system, program, quote, create specifications, drawings, monitor vendor activity, installation, and support of equipment and processes for manufacture of Orscheln products. Support and train maintenance electricians on production equipment electrical issues. Autonomy of activity is a function of experience, demonstrated ability, and grade level.
Preferred Educational Experience:
BSME, BSEE or two (2-4) year technical degree with min. five (5) years experience in field.
Preferred Work Experience:
Minimum five (5) years work experience in Electrical and Mechanical engineering support field.
- Design and build electrical system, pneumatic system, machine program, electrical schematics, and all aspects of building custom equipment internally.
- Coordinate design, program, simulate and test automated machinery and processes for new and existing Programs
- Capable of complete design and build of Electrical and pneumatic systems on custom equipment.
- Investigate and implement automation and error proofing in new and existing cells.
- PLC and PC programming capability including Allen Bradley, Maple HMI’s, Labview and other software’s.
- Execute typical administrative procedures (i.e.: stock requisitions, RFQ’s, ECR’s, ECN’s)
- Define process capability through measurement, verification, process studies, documentation and statistical methods
- Support continuous improvement team activities
- Manage Manufacturing Engineering Tasks as assigned
- Troubleshoot tool, equipment and process issues both mechanical and electrical
- Assist with operator training as required
- Develop job instruction sheets
- MRB Authority/Disposition
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRED SKILLS:
- Knowledge of mfg processes
- Knowledge of Electrical functions and programing including those listed above.
- Design/Develop tooling for processes
- Create electrical schematics using Autocad
- Office equipment
- Communication skills both verbal and written
- Computer skills
- Time management
- Ability to analyze problems and develop creative solutions
- Data entry
- 60% of the time sitting
- Some bending/stooping
- Lifting less than 35lbs
- Climate controlled environment except for when work is required in plant
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent lawful resident of the U.S.
Think you’d be a good fit?
We think so too. Apply today.